11.10.2018

Story Bends Schedule


Story Bends
Published October 9th


What if your only escape from death was to meet it half way?

If the voices called on YOU...

Needed YOU...

Brought YOU in between the Bends of time where all faith is lost to those who wait. Your etchings hold the secrets to guide them on their way. Yet, there will be no safe passage if evil finds you first and you have no toll to pay.



I began making my first connections to story in the early days of my childhood. Raised by my mother who ran an in-home daycare was where my imagination could run free and unencumbered. It was a safe zone and I learned from that experience the power of unconditional love.But my story wasn’t always filled with happy ever afters, and I came to understand that there are some sorrows and trauma that are part of all of us. As love and joy are universal, so is pain and suffering. Through the magic and alchemy of story, we can reach farther and heal our wounds.

I started my teaching career nearly 20 years ago and knew from the moment I began that this was my true calling. Teaching was in my bones and so, naturally was the little nip of my conscience for storytelling. I work to build strong, long-lasting relationships with my students. In fact, I began on this path toward a writing career because of the imprint they’ve had on my spirit. What I didn’t know was what the Muse had in store for me as the children I still come into contact with today continue to inspire the stories I write.

My greatest loves are exploring nature and spending time with family and friends. Whether I’m splashing it up on the local reservoirs, rafting down the Poudre River with my husband, two boys, and our dog Sophie, or shaping young minds in my classroom, I consider myself lucky to call Fort Collins, Colorado my home.




11/12 . A Striking Viper, Caught in a Web Interview

11/12 Book Inspector Guest Post

11/13 . Just Books Excerpt

11/13 . All the Ups and Downs . Interview

11/14 . YA/NA Book Divas . Excerpt

11/14 . Blunt Book Blog . Review

11/15 . The Faerie Review . Audio Excerpt

11/15 . The Page Unbound Review

11/16 . Rebecca Cahill . Guest Post

11/16 . The World of My Imagination . Review

Book Tour Organized By


1 comment:

  1. I’m so thrilled to see S. D. Henke & Story Bends here! I have followed her IDEA33 series and loved every delicious word feast and fresh idea inspiration with gifts of non-dystopian themes. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete